Game of Ascension
Ability Gems, also known as Fragments of Creation, are clustered flakes of the creation energies being used by the Dragon Council as they continue to build the multiverse which awaits the result of the Game of Ascension.
These gems, whether their abilities are understood yet or not, can be placed on items such as armor and weapons to grant it and/or it’s user special abilities. However, the size and type of armor or weapons dictate the number of ability gems which can be inserted into it. The fragments of creation can be removed and replaced with another if desired, but obtaining even one of these is a major endeavor.
Slots must be designed into an armor or weapon during it’s construction. They can not be added later on. The item must be masterwork quality, and it costs an additional masterwork cost per slot built into it.
- Light armors (except those made out of hide or leather) can be designed with a single slot.
- Medium armors (except those made out of hide or leather) can be designed with up to two slots.
- Heavy armors (except those made out of hide or leather) can be designed with up to three slots.
- Light weapons (such as a dagger) can be designed with a single slot in their hilts.
- One-Handed weapons can be designed with up to two slots in their hilts.
- Two-Handed weapons can be designed with up to three slots in their hilts.